Highly nutritional herbs

OK, food is good...not so sure about that other thing.
Jannevarez

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with me and for your words of encouragement! I needed that reminder! [emoji18]

Jan
IdahoHerbalist
Site Admin

We forgot to mention NETTLE in the nutritional herbs listed. It is chock full of minerals.
Jannevarez

Ohhh!!! That's awesome! Sam (the non eating twin) got stung by a bee this past Memorial day and his cheek looked like he was trying to hide a baseball! So I went searching for some plantain which I didn't find anywhere! [emoji53] but I found tons of nettle which I recognized immediately after getting to know it personally last fall when I plucked handfuls of it with my BARE hands!!! [emoji30] (duh! I thought it was catnip!) Anyway of course at that time the plantain was everywhere. It was kind of smiling at me..... waiting to finish the lesson of the day: Cause and Effect in Plants. I've never chewed and spit so fast before..... actually never before! (which mortified my 8 year old daughter! Not exactly the lady like manners I've tried to instill in her! Who cares it worked! Once I explained my behavior she joined in the fun! [emoji23] (Man that hurt!) Later I noticed the constant ache I had for sometime in my middle finger was GONE! Wow that was cool but I would NOT try it again! Gotta be a better way to help an arthritic finger! Anyway had no idea nettle was also so nutritious!! That makes me happy!! I'm going back to get some.... this time with some gloves!!! [emoji39]

Jan
Doc Jones United States of America
Site Admin

Jannevarez wrote:... I found tons of nettle which I recognized immediately after getting to know it personally last fall when I plucked handfuls of it with my BARE hands!!! [emoji30] ... Later I noticed the constant ache I had for sometime in my middle finger was GONE! Wow that was cool but I would NOT try it again! Gotta be a better way to help an arthritic finger! Anyway had no idea nettle was also so nutritious!! That makes me happy!! I'm going back to get some.... this time with some gloves!!! [emoji39]
Jan
Stinging oneself with stinging nettle is a time-honored treatment for arthritis. They call it urtication. Some people do it with bee stings instead. :scared:

Doc
Jannevarez

speechless........ [emoji46] ........

Jan
Lady Solidago

I do not know if it grows where you are, but we LOVE Moringa oleifera. It is an easy addition to smoothies and salads... and I cook with it, throw it into soups and stews, 'cuz.. why not!?! :blob:

It grows super-fast here in Central Florida, I have it espaliered to our fence for convenience of harvest and to monopolize on space.
~Jeni, a.k.a. Lady Solidago

Finish every day and be done with it... This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
IdahoHerbalist
Site Admin

We live in zone 5 MAYBE 6 in some micro climates.