Board index Botanical Medicine Herbal Medicine Making Powdering Herbs

Powdering Herbs

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:48 pm

I powdered some passionflower c/s herb today with a Vitamix to make into capsules and noticed the blades get hot which makes the powder hot wouldn't the heat destroy the constituents of the herb?. What are some tips to not make the powder hot?.

Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:01 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Heat can be an issue in blenders. Smaller batches will have less issues.

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Do you think it would be better to buy the herbs already powdered or c/s and blend them into powder?. Sometimes companies have powdered herbs sitting for a long time and powdered herb degrades quickly and powdering herbs with a blender will generate heat and who knows how much constituents get destroyed. Which is the best option?

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:16 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Petrucci054 wrote:
Do you think it would be better to buy the herbs already powdered or c/s and blend them into powder?. Sometimes companies have powdered herbs sitting for a long time and powdered herb degrades quickly and powdering herbs with a blender will generate heat and who knows how much constituents get destroyed. Which is the best option?

The best bet is to grow your own and powder them yourself. The other options, as you mentioned, have some compromises.

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:04 am

Hey guys,I’m new to the forum here and wanted to say hello.So my family are herbalist in a since as we grow a lot of herbs in our back yard and my wife uses them to cook with.Ive been on a journey this last year to identify and use natural herbs and plants growing wildly in nature.I recently came across a book that contains most of the wild herbs and plants used to make homeopathic medicines and wondered what you guys thought about it.Thanks! I put it in a link here..https://b26c03r6fdyaf62y08vbsdgb79.hop.clickbank.net/

Return to Herbal Medicine Making