Board index Botanical Medicine Case Studies Molluscum virus

Molluscum virus

A place to discuss interesting or current cases and to request help on them.

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Have any of you treated molluscum?

I have a friend who's little girl (2 years old) has molluscum. The only antiviral herbs I have on my shelf are Echinacea and Licorice. Garlic is easy to obtain but might be more difficult to get in her. I'm wondering if anyone knows if Echinacea or Licorice would be a good choice for treating molluscum.

Her doctor wanted to give medication she was unwilling to use. So she's been using apple cider vinegar topically and somewhat internally (her daughter wont drink it well). And it's slow going, so we were wondering if there is an herb that would help.

Any thoughts?

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:49 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

A pox on your house!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Molluscum is a poxvirus. Poxviruses (and other enveloped viruses like Herpes, Coronavirus, Paramyxovirus and Hepatitis) are susceptible to the anti viral properties of St. John's wort. Astragalus and Echinacea would be a good idea as well for general immune stimulation. Yarrow is purported to be helpful as well.

If it were me, I'd use this and would spike with extra St. John's. INFXN _ Shoo Floo...Going Viral: http://homegrownherbalist.net/products/copy-of-periodontal-formula

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:21 am

Thanks. Am I right that it would be best to take this internally and also as a lotion topically, both at the same time?

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:07 am
IdahoHerbalist Site Admin

I would take it internally unless there are skin lesions. I would then ALSO make a salve, lotion or other way of applying it on the surface.

Post Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:01 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

IdahoHerbalist wrote:
I would take it internally unless there are skin lesions. I would then ALSO make a salve, lotion or other way of applying it on the surface.

Me too.

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:41 am

Is the Chaparral in the Shoo Floo formula also known as Creosote or Larrea Tridentata?

Return to Case Studies