Important Announcement:
Unfortunately , this forum has now been permanently closed. If you are a student of the HomeGrown Herbalist School you may navigate to the private student forum to continue the discussion. If you'd like to learn more about the HomeGrown Herbalist School you can learn more here: Click Here --> https://homegrownherbalist.net/school
The Content contained in this forum will be preserved for as long as we can, but will eventually be lost. If you want to keep something, save it now before it's too late.

The HomeGrown Herbalist School...

Grow yer own!
Fundog United States of America

Okay, I have another question: what is required to become a master herbalist, as opposed to someone who is self taught? Does this course fulfill the requirements?
IdahoHerbalist
Site Admin

There is no accreditation for "master herbalist." That is a title that a particular training program calls those that complete their program. Patrick's goal is to create Clinical Herbalists.

Okay, two more: Will you be adding more modules in the future?I

And can you please define "clinical hetbalist"? I've searched and searched, but cannot find a straight definition anywhere.

Thanks
IdahoHerbalist
Site Admin

Yes, more modules are on the way. A couple are in edit right now.

Patrick explains Clinical Herbalist better than I do.

Thanks. Well the Hubby and I finally enrolled, and I'm super stoked. :yahoo:

I would still like Patrick's definition though, when he finds the time. It's not an emergency by any means.

In five years I hope to be a major contributor to the good health of my community.

Nevermind-- I found the answer in another thread-- FINALLY! I knew I could get a straight answer if I came here. :clap:
Marthabees

Well, tell us what the definition was!
The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas first.

OKAY, I tried to paste a link to the post, but it didn't work. It's been a long day.
Anyway in a nutshell, a clinical herbalist is someone who helps people with his or her knowledge of herbs. A professional herbalist is someone who people willingly pay to be helped by knowledge of herbs. It's not as well put as Patrick said it, but you've got the general idea.
IdahoHerbalist
Site Admin

Patrick is a Clinical Herbalis and gets paid nicely for what he does.
Doc Jones United States of America
Site Admin

Fundog wrote: ...I've searched and searched, but cannot find a straight definition anywhere.

Thanks
This probably deserves a thread of its own.

Here you go.

Doc