Board index Botanical Medicine Homeopathy, Magnets, Bach Flower Essences Etc... How Homeopathy Works

How Homeopathy Works

For cases where "nothing" helps...Ok it's complicated.

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:00 am
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

I think I finally figured out how homeopathy works. It came to me all the sudden in a flash of insight and understanding.

Hanneman said "Like cures like". That is the premise of homeopathy. You put a microscopic amount of something that would cause the same symptom into the body and the body decides it should do something about it and gets better. This, of course, makes no sense. If a million E. coli bacteria causing diarrhea in the gut don't cause the body to notice it has a problem, why would a microscopic amount change its paradigm? Also, if microscopic amounts of stuff can have such a huge impact on the body, why aren't we noticibly impacted constantly by trace amounts of the countless substances we encounter in our environments through daily living?

The answer is, I believe, that homeopathic remedies have nothing to do with the body.

To create a homeopathic remedy, you take a small amount of the symptom-causing substance and dilute it. Then you shake it vigorously. Then you dilute it again and shake it and repeat this process a number of times. It isn't long until you have literally nothing left of the original substance, only the water that the substance was shaken in.

We are dualistic beings. We have a physical body, but we also have an energetic, spiritual body. That spiritual body has all the same organs and structures as the physical body but in a spiritual form. The process of diluting and shaking the homeopathic remedy reduces it to its spiritual, energetic form...its vital essence if you will. This vital essence or spiritual signature of the substance, along with the vital intent of the shaker, impact not the physical body (which would be completely oblivious to their presence) but rather the spiritual body.

Perhaps the root of dis-ease is really a fault in the connection and harmony of the body and the spirit. Perhaps a homeopathic remedy somehow stimulates the spiritual body and causes it to respond. When the spiritual body responds to the stimulus (which it does instantly and perfectly because it never has disease) maybe the physical body resonates with that spiritual/energetic response and mounts a physical response of it own which eliminates the symptom from its physical self.

Patrick

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:58 am

I have never tried it, but it sounds a bit woo-woo to me. This doesn't mean it does not work for people for precisely the reasons you say, or perhaps even a very good placebo effect. I just find it hard to grasp.

I understand herbs and essential oils because I understand they are essentially chemical compounds that react with the body in different ways, stimulating certain organs or allowing various reactions within our complex living engine we call a body. This makes a little more sense to me.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:12 am
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Technomagus wrote:
I have never tried it, but it sounds a bit woo-woo to me. This doesn't mean it does not work for people for precisely the reasons you say, or perhaps even a very good placebo effect. I just find it hard to grasp.

I understand herbs and essential oils because I understand they are essentially chemical compounds that react with the body in different ways, stimulating certain organs or allowing various reactions within our complex living engine we call a body. This makes a little more sense to me.

The thing about homeopathy that I can't dismiss is that it works in veterinary applications. Dogs and cows don't experience any placebo effect. If it weren't for that, I'd have to be on the woo-woo wagon with you.

Doc

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:45 pm

I have tried homeopathy several times. Maybe it wasn't the right formula, but I never felt it work that well for me. Herbs on the other hand are often very effective.

That being said, I've used homeopathy with my children on a few occasions with incredible results. Particularly my six year old son who had asthma so bad, he was on a nebulizer inhaler several times a day, and had just spent an eventful week in the hospital. In desperation I went to a nearby health food herb shop. The woman there muscle tested him, and found he was allergic to milk. She sold us some homeopathy drops and had us take dairy from his diet. Within three days he was cured! It was amazing. That was 15 years ago. He's all grown up now, still doesn't drink milk, and has the occasional allergy, but nothing more. I credit the homeopathy for his quick recovery, and not drinking milk to his continuing health.

P.S. He was too little for it to have been a placebo effect.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:13 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

I find it ironic and humerous that scoffers insists that

nothing can do something (the placebo effect)

but on the other hand insist that

something can't do something (homeopathy) .

Patrick

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

I have about a 30 plus year experience with homeopathy. I have to say at first I was a little skeptical to say the least. You have to get to know the personalities of the homeopathics just like you do the herbs. As time goes on I get better and better at it, and have had a great deal of success. One thing that helped me understand in the beginning is a friend took me to their piano, they hit a C tuning fork and all the c's on the piano began to vibrate, not the a's, d's, or b flats, just the c's because they had the same frequency pattern. The light bulb went off. Yes it is a support to our vital essence if you will but also to our electrical current which is much more tangible with the physical senses. You start at the very beginning with a 30c single remedy kit and get very familiar with them, them move to homo-cords and then to combinations and series therapies. It is quite a nice adjunct to use with herbs. Just start at the beginning and learn step by step. I wouldn't be without them now.

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:10 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Thanks for the input Nanny. It's something I've been meaning to explore....even bought a little starter set from Butterfly Express at the last Expo I did. I'm going to see if I can straighten out some placebo-free dogs.

Anybody know where I can get a few more hours in my days?

One of the points favoring homeopathy in my mind is that the remedies can be made without much technology or equipment.

Doc

Nanny wrote:
I have about a 30 plus year experience with homeopathy. I have to say at first I was a little skeptical to say the least. You have to get to know the personalities of the homeopathics just like you do the herbs. As time goes on I get better and better at it, and have had a great deal of success. One thing that helped me understand in the beginning is a friend took me to their piano, they hit a C tuning fork and all the c's on the piano began to vibrate, not the a's, d's, or b flats, just the c's because they had the same frequency pattern. The light bulb went off. Yes it is a support to our vital essence if you will but also to our electrical current which is much more tangible with the physical senses. You start at the very beginning with a 30c single remedy kit and get very familiar with them, them move to homo-cords and then to combinations and series therapies. It is quite a nice adjunct to use with herbs. Just start at the beginning and learn step by step. I wouldn't be without them now.

Post Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:07 am

Maybe not much technology or equipment, but lots of knowledge! It's on my list of things to learn before a collapse of civilization.

Post Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:01 pm

Homeopathy was developed single-handedly by Samuel Christian Hahnemann (1755-1843), a German physician. I grew up in Germany and "everybody" is using it there. The nice part about it is that you will never run out of any medicine. In case it is not available to you anymore, or you can't afford it, make it homeopathic. All you have to do is put a little bit of your leftover medicine in a half full water bottle, so you have about a dilution of 1:99. Succuss 40x by slamming the bottle into the palm of your hand. Empty the water bottle except for a little bit, about the same amount you started out with. Fill again half full with water and succuss 40x. Keep repeating that process six times. The last one, dump most of it out, fill into a little glass bottle with a dropper and add Vodka. There is your medicine. Take 5-10 drops 3x a day. When it gets low, add water or Vodka. Success a couple times and now your medicine is stronger, which is good. You can repeat that process to the end of your days. You will never run out. You body will get tired of a homeopathic medicine if you keep taking the same strength. So refreshing it will do it some good.
http://hpathy.com/homeopathy-papers/how ... wn-remedy/

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:14 pm

We use to use homeopathy, myself for 13 years and my husband 30 some years. In the last couple of years we dived into it deeply on how it works. This article is a great explanation of how there i nothing in it: http://answers-in-reason.com/science/th ... rosperity/

At best it is a placebo and worst a superstition, which for us is a religious issue that I won't go into but as Doc says it basically works on the soul and as Catholics that doesn't work for us. We now just use tinctures and herbs in teas ect where there is proof there are herbs in it.

Next

Return to Homeopathy, Magnets, Bach Flower Essences Etc...