Board index Botanical Medicine Plant Identification Need help with wildflower identification in SC

Need help with wildflower identification in SC

A place to figure out what it is BEFORE you poke it in your mouth.

IMG_1747.JPG
IMG_1747.JPG (156.64 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Does anyone have any ideas on what this wildflower may be? I live in South Carolina and I have checked multiple sources including an identification guide specific to my state and haven't had any luck. If it helps to know, the stems are very hardy, there don't appear to be any leaves and the little flowers are tinged pink slightly in the middle. Any help would be appreciated....this plant is speaking to me!

IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

Are you on Face Book?

IdahoHerbalist wrote:
Are you on Face Book?
Yes, under a pseudonym for lurking mostly, lol. I needed a page to support my niece's business, but I, not an active Facebook user. Is there a resource I am missing out on?

Site Admin

Shoot, I had a page to refer you too but I cannot find it any longer. There are many pages with identification helpers though.

I posted the pic in the FB group PLANT IDENTIFICATION and got two responses that you can confirm or not:
Limonium and Polygonella polygama (Polygonaceae)

This group is for ID only, no other discussion. They mean NO discussion unless it's about identifying a plant.

There is another FB page called Plant Idenificatifon and discussion.

Good luck,
Martha
The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas first.

Site Admin

Yeah, the other group was pretty military about using scientific names and moderators trolled incessantly for violators. That is probably why I dumped them.

Marthabees wrote:
I posted the pic in the FB group PLANT IDENTIFICATION and got two responses that you can confirm or not:
Limonium and Polygonella polygama (Polygonaceae)

This group is for ID only, no other discussion. They mean NO discussion unless it's about identifying a plant.

There is another FB page called Plant Idenificatifon and discussion.

Good luck,
Martha

Thank you! I'll check them out and see if they match

So the verdict is....polygonella americana (southern jointweeed or American jointweed) no medicinal uses that I have found....YET

Return to Plant Identification