Board index Botanical Medicine Veterinary Herbology chicken with swelling/knot

chicken with swelling/knot

Using Herbs to Treat Animals

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:37 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

I would have expected for her to stop laying a long time ago.

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:02 pm

That's what surprised me. She started laying back in January! Even the younger Buff Orpingtons outside were only laying occasionally. She had no natural light in her room and the light was only on about 12 hours a day. She was in an unheated room, and her water would freeze regularly.
The eggs from her didn't hatch in the incubator this year. When we candled them, they were developing normally.

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:28 pm

Red was dead when I went out to feed this morning. Since I didn't have anything disposable with sleeves, I only dissected her head. It was a BAD fungal infection. It seemed to have gone through her head and was starting to come out her other ear. It wasn't really a dissection, it was an external exam.

That sore was crusty on the outside but moist under the crust. I won't be so ignorant the next time. What can I grow besides garlic that is a good antifungal? The cayenne salve with garlic and charcoal helped.

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:09 am
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

Take a look at our fungal topical formula.

Fungal Topical

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:19 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Elizabeth wrote:
Red was dead when I went out to feed this morning. Since I didn't have anything disposable with sleeves, I only dissected her head. It was a BAD fungal infection. It seemed to have gone through her head and was starting to come out her other ear. It wasn't really a dissection, it was an external exam.

That sore was crusty on the outside but moist under the crust. I won't be so ignorant the next time. What can I grow besides garlic that is a good antifungal? The cayenne salve with garlic and charcoal helped.

Monarda Fistulosa is a good anti-fungal as are Black walnut hulls and goldenrod.

Previous

Return to Veterinary Herbology