Board index Botanical Medicine Veterinary Herbology Cat Fights

Cat Fights

Using Herbs to Treat Animals

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:00 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

MarisaG wrote:
yeah, unluckly I cannot cut off the testicles of cats which do not belong to me :blink:

You'd be surprised.

Several local rescues trap local feral cats and bring them to me to neuter them. When we neuter feral cats, we always cut off the tip of the left ear so the cat's can be identified if they're trapped again later. Last week I had a guy come in with his cat for vaccines. I noticed the left ear was tipped and asked if he'd adopted it from one of the cat rescues.

He said. "No he got that in a cat fight. Came home with it like that one night a few months back".

He then said he wanted to schedule the cat for a neuter so it wouldn't fight like that any more. I lifted the cat's tail and had a look. Sure enough, he'd been in a fight...and I had won. :roll:

Doc

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 am

hahaha nice one!

I just have to understand how to catch the bully-cat and get him to a veterinarian! :( not an easy task....

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:40 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

MarisaG wrote:
hahaha nice one!

I just have to understand how to catch the bully-cat and get him to a veterinarian! :( not an easy task....

Most vet clinics have a trap you can borrow. If they don't, try the local shelter or the city.

Doc

Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:03 am

Just watch for the neighborhood "Feral Cat Guardian.". They will get a bit hysterical and release trapped cats, thinking they are going to the pound to be euthanized.

Previous

Return to Veterinary Herbology