Board index Primitive Living & Survival Skills Primitive Living and Homesteading Micro farming

Micro farming

Back to Basics!

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:33 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

I never grew them from eggs, just small babies. Can't remember where I got my mulberry leaves from.

I started a thread about my reptiles:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1468

Probably have to start one for our birds as well. :scared:

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:37 pm
Fey

SILKWORM POO AS MEDICINE!!!!! :crazy: :barf:

Because of its sweet, acrid and warm qualities, the silkworm fecal matter is effective for the treatment of pain in the extremities and abdomen caused by Wind and Dampness. Chinese medicine considers this type of pain in the extremities as Wind-Damp Painful Obstructive Syndrome. Wind refers to the tight or pulling nature of the pain (like a spasm) and the dampness to the swelling in the joints, which is often exacerbated by damp environments or damp weather. The silkworm's fecal matter has a warm quality, is able to dry the damp obstruction and the acrid quality helps increase the blood flow to eliminate muscle aches and pain.

Believe it or not, silkworm fecal matter is also used in Chinese medicine to harmonize the stomach. Its sweet flavor harmonizes the stomach, and the warm and pungent properties help eliminate any fluids that may be obstructing the normal flow and function of the stomach. For these reasons, this herb can stop abdominal cramping and transform the dampness that is inherent in diarrhea and vomiting. Finally, this herb is commonly used to treat itchy skin and eczema. The acrid and warm properties help bring blood to the skin, dry the secretions and promote healing.
http://ashevilleacupuncture.blogspot.co ... ee-in.html

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 am
Fey

You'll notice that there's a yellow colouring at the backside of the silkworm. That means it's getting ready to spin silk.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (173.14 KiB) Viewed 2955 times

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:51 pm

:Laugh: Haha.. I stumbled upon this thread thinking, "oh cool, growing micro-greens, yes!"... no, no, this is not that :boggle: lol

Thanks for the EDUCATION!! This thread was very interesting .. silkworm fecal matter and all! :woot: :sad puppy: :roll:
~Jeni, a.k.a. Lady Solidago

Finish every day and be done with it... This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:12 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

You will find other equally deceiving and distracting threads.... keep looking.

Previous

Return to Primitive Living and Homesteading