Important Announcement:
Unfortunately , this forum has now been permanently closed. If you are a student of the HomeGrown Herbalist School you may navigate to the private student forum to continue the discussion. If you'd like to learn more about the HomeGrown Herbalist School you can learn more here: Click Here --> https://homegrownherbalist.net/school
The Content contained in this forum will be preserved for as long as we can, but will eventually be lost. If you want to keep something, save it now before it's too late.

The HomeGrown Herbalist School...

Grow yer own!
Doc Jones United States of America
Site Admin

KellyP wrote:Hello

I listened to your summit talks and really enjoyed them. I really liked what I heard along with your approach and am interested in possibly pursuing training with you. I do have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

If I decided to take it class by class vs one big chunk, which order do you advise?

Also, I believe you mentioned that you incorporate utilizing herbs for animals as well as humans where appropriate, is that correct?

Do you stick mainly to cats and dogs or do you happen to cover equine care too?

Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings

If you are doing the modules one by one, I'd start with Learning the Lingo. After that, you can do them in any order you want. If you decide to enroll in the complete course later let me know. Any modules you buy individually will be credited to your enrollment.

We cover veterinary issues throughout the course. All species are covered though I don't do any horse work in my practice these days.

Doc
Site Admin

DonnaDeesis wrote:I also thoroughly enjoyed your presentations at the Summit last week, and I am considering the Herbalist course. But I am in Florida - an entirely different ecosystem. Will I be able to utilize the information with local native plants? I really like that the instruction includes anatomy and physiology, such vital components of health and healing!
You'll have many of the plants we have in our neck of the woods in Florida. Plus some neat ones we don't have. :)

Doc
Site Admin

KellyP wrote:Good question Donna! I was wondering the same thing as I am in NW Ohio. :)
Again, lots of plant commonality but you'll also have species we can't find locally but will still talk about.

Doc
IdahoHerbalist
Site Admin

Another thing to consider is that MANY of the plants can be planted and grown throughout the temperate regions of the world, especially the annuals and biennials.
BeeGarden

That's reassuring to know!
I'm looking up any local names for some of the plants Doc has mentioned. *Fingers crossed*

Thank you!
Last edited by BeeGarden on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strokesurvivormom

I'm interested in studying with you but I'm in Georgia. What adaptions would need to be made? Thankful I found you through the homesteadingsummit
IdahoHerbalist
Site Admin

We have several people that are taking the school that live across the country and across the world. We are working on producing materials that will allow our remote folks the opportunity to learn the hands on things as well.
Site Admin

strokesurvivormom wrote:I'm interested in studying with you but I'm in Georgia. What adaptions would need to be made? Thankful I found you through the homesteadingsummit
We have videos of plant walks and workshops so that even those who can't attend personally can benefit.

Doc
Fundog United States of America

I have a question: do you offer a certificate of completion after someone has completed the course? (Not a degree, or even certificate of achievement or licensure, just something that says they took the course.)

Thanks
IdahoHerbalist
Site Admin

If you want one! I mean REALLY want one.