Board index Diet and Exercise Diet, Nutrition & Exercise Doing the Cleanse

Doing the Cleanse

OK, food is good...not so sure about that other thing.

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:57 am

My mouth feels like the Sahara Desert. Pretty sure this might not be quite right. I'm drinking 80 oz of water a day. I can say this because my water bottle is 20 oz and I drink it t least 4 times a day. one after each smoothie plus at least 2 more times during the day. I drink regular tea with a little sugar each day, could that be the cause? How can I fix this?

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:54 am
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

Would need lots more information. Has your diet changed? What about the humidity and temperature in your area? Extra added salt on purpose of being snuck in in foods? Probably lots more questions that should be asked.

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:58 am

The only thing that has changed is the addition of the KLNZ and two fruit smoothies. The 80oz of water is an increase from what I was drinking since the directions are to drink a large glass of water afterwards. I do consume other beverages some caffeinated some not but those amount haven't changed. More water. I'll try for more water. Almost done with the KLNZ step anyway so on to the next set of wonderments. Thanks

Post Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:26 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Andi2017 wrote:
My mouth feels like the Sahara Desert. Pretty sure this might not be quite right. I'm drinking 80 oz of water a day. I can say this because my water bottle is 20 oz and I drink it t least 4 times a day. one after each smoothie plus at least 2 more times during the day. I drink regular tea with a little sugar each day, could that be the cause? How can I fix this?

Tea (and other caffeinated beverages) are diuretics. Most herbs are diuretics as well. If you're going to do both together, it'll take more water to keep up.

Doc

Post Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:26 am

Thanks. yep, no tea and even more water, my least favorite beverage in the world. I know it should be my favorite but it just is not. Trying hard to move it up in the ranks so I don't feel so deprived.

I'm taking the Zymex II tablets between meals. Is there an amount of time AFTER a meal or before a meal? I've been taking it about an hour after breakfast and then lunch is this ok?

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:06 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Yup. That'll work. Take it with the meal or shortly after.

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:37 pm

I am curious why you should avoid fermented foods during the cleanse as I thought they are beneficial for the colon. Also thoughts on sprouted grains and why they should be avoided would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Previous

Return to Diet, Nutrition & Exercise