Board index Botanical Medicine Medicinal Herbs Dandelion Flowers, Topical Use

Dandelion Flowers, Topical Use

General discussion of medicinal plants and their use.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:18 am
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Very cool Fundog. Thanks for sharing. I've never used dandelion for pruritis...or for itching either. :)

Okay, it's been just two weeks and two days since I began spraying the nasty rash on my arm with a tea made with dandelion flowers. I've taken some pictures, to document progress. It's slow going, but I believe it is healing faster than it might have otherwise. The rash began quite small in December, and continued to grow, despite using hydrocortisone cream. If course, I also was repeatedly ingesting foods containing wheat. :boggled:

Three days with dandelion flowers tea:
Attachments
P_20170609_094617_kindlephoto-14978509.jpg
P_20170609_094617_kindlephoto-14978509.jpg (237.18 KiB) Viewed 673 times

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Okay, if you just click on the picture, it gets bigger and longer so you can really see the whole thing.

This next image is one week with dandelion flowers tea. To be fair, I had also begun applying comfrey root tinture, twice a day on top of the dandelion tea, just two days prior to taking this picture.
Attachments
P_20170613_095846_kindlephoto-16703540.jpg
P_20170613_095846_kindlephoto-16703540.jpg (151.95 KiB) Viewed 673 times

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Okay the last one, two weeks with dandelion tea. I had actually stopped using the comfrey a few days ago, and my use of the dandelion tea has become farther between spritzes, as the itching has lessened dramatically. Hopefully the pictures are clear enough to see the improvement.
Attachments
P_20170621_123458_kindlephoto-17220847.jpg
P_20170621_123458_kindlephoto-17220847.jpg (189.24 KiB) Viewed 673 times

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:37 pm

I apologize for the blurriness of the last one. A lot of what you see in that last one is tanned, freckled skin, with a the remains of a raised edge and a few pink bumps in the center of it. It really is a fast improvement, and pictures simply don't do it justice.

I think the most important factor in the healing process is not scratching -- and the dandelions were a Godsend in that respect.

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:34 am
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

I just had a thought! :scared: I bet if you would have applied some plantain as a poultice it would have healed even faster as it pulled the toxins out. Would have been good to take internally as well.

Were you taking any liver support herbs to help flush the toxins?

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:11 pm

I had been taking the Immu Kool, yes. And according to my most recent bloodwork, I've got the happiest liver in town. The NP said there couldn't be a happier liver, lol.

When I was considering what to do about the itching, I had considered plantain, among others. In fact, I considered going with the venomous bites protocol. But I really needed something light and somewhat discrete I could take with me in a pocket or purse, and apply whenever I had the urge to scratch, as often as every few minutes at first. Itching is a serious problem-- to the point I was drawing blood and making open sores.

And if someone with a similar problem feels the bite protocol or some other poultice is their ticket to healing, I say do that, definitely. :)

But for me, something Patrick says in each of his modules comes to mind, "If there is another plant not mentioned here that you have a special affinity for, use that.". Lol, those sweet dandelions have stolen my heart . I think dandelions might be my botanical soulmate. :wub:

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Fundog wrote:

But for me, something Patrick says in each of his modules comes to mind, "If there is another plant not mentioned here that you have a special affinity for, use that.". Lol, those sweet dandelions have stolen my heart . I think dandelions might be my botanical soulmate. :wub:

I"ll bet the dandelions are deliriously happy that you've discovered they're good for something besides making your lawn beautiful. :)

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Oh they are! Now that they know they are truly appreciated, they are popping up all over, lol.

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:26 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

Fundog wrote:
Oh they are! Now that they know they are truly appreciated, they are popping up all over, lol.

You should see our place since Patrick came over and introduced us to "weeds." Yes, I have brought in a lot of plants but there are some that just keep showing up. Keep an eye out for more of God's gifts to pop up.

PreviousNext

Return to Medicinal Herbs