Board index Botanical Medicine Herbal Medicine Making tinctures

tinctures

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:04 pm

I have taken your class on how to make tinctures, and just recently took another from world of nutrition, just for more info. in this particular class it was about a liver tonic or tinctures for your liver. being as i'm currently doing your liver module, they had burdock, chicory root, dandelion leaf, dandelion root,milk thistle. to make the tinctures with all of those they instructed to do each herb separately then combine them at an even ratio.
My question is it necessary to tincture them separately then add equal parts of tincture to make the blend or could you blend the herbs then make the tincture

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:11 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

With that formula, there would be no reason to not just combine them from the beginning.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:59 am

is there any specific ratio of each herb I mentioned, to make the liver tonic or tincture.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:05 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Wildfirmed wrote:
is there any specific ratio of each herb I mentioned, to make the liver tonic or tincture.

I'd use equal parts of those.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 am

I have a question when i went to a herbal class i bought a quart jar of milk thistle seed and they filled the quart jar about 1/2 to 3/4 full with the herb then poured the vodka to fill it up, I'm wondering if this ratio is ok or do i need to pour some of the herb into another jar and add more vodka? I havent made any tinctures yet. I'm still working on the modules.

Return to Herbal Medicine Making