Board index Botanical Medicine Herbal Medicine Making Tincture Making

Tincture Making

Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:54 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

Reverie, please define your understanding of ALCOHOL. That would be important for me/us to know before addressing your comment.

Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:57 pm
Site Admin

Donnay, glycerin is a very mild form of alcohol. I do not believe it does as good a job at extraction as Vodka. It certainly does not have the shelf life of your typical alcohol extract: one year or so in the fridge.

Double extraction is a personal preference and is used to boost the concentration of the herb. I do not think it is required.

Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:26 pm

IdahoHerbalist wrote:
Donnay, glycerin is a very mild form of alcohol. I do not believe it does as good a job at extraction as Vodka. It certainly does not have the shelf life of your typical alcohol extract: one year or so in the fridge.

Double extraction is a personal preference and is used to boost the concentration of the herb. I do not think it is required.

Thank you for responding. I agree with you.

Another quick question:

With all the mushroom craze presently trending, which mushroom is, in your opinion, the best for immune system?
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”

~ Hippocrates

Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:00 pm
Site Admin

The only mushroom I have ever messed with is Chaga. That is only because someone sent HGH some and I have tinctured it. I have not ever used it or have studied it much.

Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:41 pm

IdahoHerbalist wrote:
The only mushroom I have ever messed with is Chaga. That is only because someone sent HGH some and I have tinctured it. I have not ever used it or have studied it much.

Here is a good website to get a lot of good info:

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/substance/c ... s-obliquus
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”

~ Hippocrates

Previous

Return to Herbal Medicine Making