Board index Botanical Medicine Case Studies Tooth Infection

Tooth Infection

A place to discuss interesting or current cases and to request help on them.

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:45 pm
AWS

My son was playing basketball and an elbow hit him square in the face-we didn t realize until months later that the hit had cracked his tooth up in the root. It is his second to front tooth. He woke up one day with it extremely painful so I took him to the dentist. They wanted to pull it out or do a root canal. Im not a root canal fan and Im not a fan on missing a front tooth at 24 yrs old so I wouldnt let them do anything but cut the gum a little to drain the infection, and he took an antibiotic for a few days. I bought The Tooth Abzes formula and he has been swiching it around twice a day for a month and swishing coconut oil! We thought he was doing great but Today the infection is back and very painful. Is there anything else we can try??Im not ready to give into a root canal yet. Thanks for your input

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:56 am

Hi. That's a real bummer. I've got a couple of fractured teeth myself. The problem is, it is very easy for bacteria to get into the fracture and cause infection. The only real solution is to clean it out and crown it. Though if its all the way down, they may not be able to save it. I've been very lucky, and not got my teeth infected yet, which I attribute to good hygiene and copious salvation. (In other words, I drool a lot). My hygienist said excess saliva actually helps prevent tartar build up. I do need to get those crowns asap, though. I sure hope you find a favorable solution. :)

Post Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:37 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

I agree, there are just some situations that herbs have a tough time dealing with. That being said....

Plantain internally and as a poultice on the tooth should help draw out the toxins.
Same thing with Calendula for infection.

We do have a formula called INFXN - BugBuster (click it) that is really good at fighting infection.

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:35 am
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

The Tooth Abzez and the BugBuster are very effective at controlling dental infections in my experience. But, if the tooth is broken, you're fighting a losing battle....sort of like swatting flies in your house but leaving the window open. The tooth will need to be repaired or removed eventually.

Doc

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:14 am

Most of the people nowadays have the dental issues. Even I had the tooth infection and it was leading to some dental issues. For proper treatment I found the most renowned dentist Redondo Beach. The treatment offered over there was super amazing and everything was very affordable.

Return to Case Studies