Board index Botanical Medicine Case Studies High blood pressure help

High blood pressure help

A place to discuss interesting or current cases and to request help on them.

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:10 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

alleycat wrote:
Is your hi-bp formula ok to use for a diabetic too? My husband has HP & is type 2....I've got high BP too, and a heart murmur (hasn't bothered me since I was 3, not even after 4 kids & Godzilla + stress for 23 yrs).

I'm not aware of anything in the formula that would interfere with diabetes protocols. But I'm just some nut on the internet an not a physician. I'd consult your doctor.

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:30 pm

LOL Unfortunately, none of his Dr's know anything about herbs....they think its "quack medicine" & all unsafe & dangerous (obviously they never read the side effects of the medications they push :hee hee: ) so, even though I'm not seeking medical advice...I'd definitely prefer a nut on the internet that has some idea about herbs, vs the md's that prefer to kill us with their prescriptions ;)

I'll check out the formula more......I know St. John's Wort (not sure if its in the formula) has interactions with some prescriptions...but that's as good as I get LOL :thumb:

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:13 am
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

Doc Jones wrote:
Hmmm...maybe your boss is driving you crazy. :poke:

Renee drove me crazy years ago. Maybe you are just finishing up what she started?

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:15 am
Site Admin

alleycat wrote:
LOL Unfortunately, none of his Dr's know anything about herbs....they think its "quack medicine" & all unsafe & dangerous (obviously they never read the side effects of the medications they push :hee hee: )

They obviously never read the medical journals from 100 years ago either.

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm

They obviously never read the medical journals from 100 years ago either.

There's a lot of Idaho Dr's that get paid big bucks to push the pharmaceutical drugs (there was an article in the T-N a few years back), so unless herbs can somehow pay them too..... I don't think the general MD is going to take time out to learn. Plus, his Dr. is a VA Dr. so you barely have them willing or know how to properly treat you to begin to throw herbs at them & ask them if they'd work better.....never gonna know. :LOL:

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:03 am
Site Admin

My VA "doc" in Twin is quite up on some traditional methods and respects my efforts in that regard. He was quite impressed with my 40 point drop in BP.

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:37 am

There's 2 he deals with in twin, I know one isn't very good (previous experience with another client), not sure of the other one though. But if there's one that's ok with herbs.....then I'll go to his next appt & talk to them. They put him on a bad pain killer that flipped his personality (temper). The last time we talked about him getting on herbs, they said that it was against his treatment & could affect his disability.

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:36 pm
Site Admin

Tim Funk is my primary there.

Previous

Return to Case Studies