Board index Botanical Medicine Case Studies Shingles

Shingles

A place to discuss interesting or current cases and to request help on them.

Post Wed May 31, 2017 4:52 am

A dear friend of mine has shingles, for the fourth time. She also has rheumatoid arthritis, which may or may not be a contributing factor. She is in excruciating pain, the poor dear. :(

My first thought was to put a calendula infusion in a spritzer bottle to spritz on the lesions. Then I started to think up some other herbs that would be helpful, both inside and out.

What would you all suggest? I don't even know if my friend is the herbal type of not, but if I ever get shingles, I would sure like to have some herbs handy!

Post Wed May 31, 2017 1:53 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Calendula topically and internally. I would try lemon balm too.

Chamomile, valerian, skullcap and St. John's could all be used to help with pain.

Post Wed May 31, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks, I'll ask my friend if she would like to try some herbs. I thought calendula and lemon balm might be worth a shot. I have skullcap too.

Post Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

Doc Jones wrote:
I would try lemon balm too.

Chamomile, valerian, skullcap and St. John'd could all be used to help with pain.

Look at our Calm and Collected formula:

https://homegrownherbalist.net/products ... ed-formula

Post Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:27 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

I'd recommend these two in combination.

INFXN-HRPeze to knock down the virus a bit

and

Rest Easy to help with the pain

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:18 am

A friend said that she has had significant relief from using a combination of four essential oils applied externally:
Lavender
Tea tree
Ravensara
Bergamot

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:02 am

This is a really interesting article by Michael Tierra. Nothing worked for his post herpatic pain until he tried neem oil.

https://planetherbs.com/blogs/michaels- ... at-worked/

Return to Case Studies