Board index Botanical Medicine Case Studies Knee issue with dog

Knee issue with dog

A place to discuss interesting or current cases and to request help on them.

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks. Just ordered the Bone, Tissue, Cartilage formula. I give her the Joint formula from Silver Lining herbs already.

Post Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 pm

As an update: I've been giving our dog the Bone, Tissue, Cartilage formula for a month now. Her knee seems to be healed but she is now having similar symptoms with her hip. I stopped the herbs for a few days to see if perhaps her body needed a break. Should I continue with the formula for her hip - She doesn't exhibit pain - it just doesn't look normal when she walks only. She can run with no issues.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:08 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

I can think of a couple of things: the hip may be slightly damaged from compensating for the knee injury for so long. Now that the knee is functioning more correctly the hip is adjusting. I have had this happen to myself.

Also, sometime a short break from herbal treatments can "reset the clock." Or, even a different herbal treatment may be called for.

One last thing is the hip could actually be a new condition.

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 pm

I apologize for the delay in responding, but I appreciate your response. Her hip issue probably is for overcompensating for the knee or it may have been there all along. We just didn't notice it due to the knee. I kept her off of the herbs for about a week but the hip issue worsened so I put her back on the Cartilage, Bone, Joint formula. She is doing better since I began the herbs again. I will just keep her on them until the issue resolves itself. Thank you again.

Return to Case Studies