Board index Botanical Medicine Case Studies dog Experiencing Tremors

dog Experiencing Tremors

A place to discuss interesting or current cases and to request help on them.

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:39 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Those formulas won't interfere with the pharmaceuticals usually used for such cases and can be taken in conjunction with them. They are not stressful to the liver or kidneys.

Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:58 am

Dandelion. Root for liver, leaf for kidneys, flowers for skin. Dandelion will never steer you wrong, she just wants to help. :)

Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

The great thing about Dandelion is there is GREAT overlap in the functions of the parts. If you don't have one, try one of the others.

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:25 am

This photo is what caused all of these problems. The vet thought it was a bite of some sort and prescribed the cipro and prednisone. That's when the tremors began. After all of that, the "bite" is still there and is swollen. I hope the photo will help identify the "bite" and a remedy.

Exhibit 1-1.jpg
Exhibit 1-1.jpg (146.23 KiB) Viewed 507 times

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:27 am

Regarding the photo...the bite is on the outside edge of her right front paw about 1" from her nail. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:40 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

With that information I am wondering if it is not a foxtail or some other foreign thing that got in there. Was an Xray taken of the foot?

I know Patrick has images of what a foxtail can do but did not find it on his blog.

Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:15 am

Our vet continues to say treat it as a bug bite so she didn't do an x-ray. Would an x-ray show foxtail embedded in her paw?

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:31 am

Whatever the bite was is almost healed. I began putting Echinacea compresses on it. That seemed to have made a huge difference in the healing process. Thank you for your help.

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:47 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

caprinegal wrote:
Thank you for the information. One question, How do I transition her from the meds prescribed by the vet to the herbs? Also, will the herbs affect her liver and/or kidney like the anti-inflammatory that she is taking?

No need to transition. The herbs won't interfere with the meds in this case. They are much easier on the liver. So no worries of overloading doing both.

Doc

Previous

Return to Case Studies