Board index Botanical Medicine Homeopathy, Magnets, Bach Flower Essences Etc... How Homeopathy Works

How Homeopathy Works

For cases where "nothing" helps...Ok it's complicated.

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:09 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

Actually, at worst it is a SCAM where someone is selling nothing for something. A limitless supply of NOTHING.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:23 pm

It sure works for me for all kinds of stuff and it works for others. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I make my own homeopathic remedies and they work better than taking the herbs or chemicals directly.

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:07 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Dorothea wrote:
It sure works for me for all kinds of stuff and it works for others. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I make my own homeopathic remedies and they work better than taking the herbs or chemicals directly.

I know quite a few people that swear by them. Some of those are veterinarians well-trained to think otherwise...and dogs don't know anything about the placebo effect.

I don't use them simply because there aren't enough hours in the day for me to connect with yet another modality.

My work is herbs, acupuncture (with tuning forks) and cupping. Those three seem to fix most stuff I see.

Doc

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:39 pm

>My work is herbs, acupuncture (with tuning forks) and cupping. Those three seem to fix most stuff I see.
Doc[/quote]

When you run out of the herbs and cannot get any of the ones you need, cannot afford them or run out of other meds you just can't get anymore for any reason at all, make homeopathic stuff out of the last bit of it and you will have the stuff forever, you will never run out of it then. It is also great for herbs where the effective dose and the deadly dose are close together, such as digitalis and belladonna. Both highly effective and they work like a charm as homeopathic preparation.

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Doc wrote:
>My work is herbs, acupuncture (with tuning forks) and cupping. Those three seem to fix most stuff I see.
Doc

Dorothea wrote:
When you run out of the herbs and cannot get any of the ones you need, cannot afford them or run out of other meds you just can't get anymore for any reason at all, make homeopathic stuff out of the last bit of it and you will have the stuff forever, you will never run out of it then. It is also great for herbs where the effective dose and the deadly dose are close together, such as digitalis and belladonna. Both highly effective and they work like a charm as homeopathic preparation.

Always good to have options. :)

Doc

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:00 pm

I recognize homeopathy as one of those "bio-individual" things. It has not worked for me, but I accept that it does work for others. Let me explain further...

I think it is similar to how people who have experienced severe trauma react to stimuli that others would casually dismiss, their emotional/spiritual/psychological "bodies" processing things differently than others. For example, if you were to be unexpectedly delivered flowers, you might think, "wow, someone loves me", and be happy... triggering all those little happy processors and chemical reactions in your body that do good. If I were to be delivered flowers, something very different occurs... not only did a whole trail of people participate in this abortion of life but someone is obviously casing my house to see if someone is home.. to hurt.. to steal.. to damage. This triggers a completely different set of processing, functions, and reactions. And some people are like, "flowers, great".. and nothing.

"Holistic", right!?! This is why we help to guide the WHOLE person.. why the same herb does not work for every person despite the fact that we all generally start life hard-wired the same way. Ultimately, through our parents and then our life choices, experiences, and then perceptions, we are working with very UNIQUE beings, each one different from the rest.. which is why, I believe, modern traditional medicine fails chronic maladies, because they're not even asking the right questions.

The placebo effect assumes that someone makes a conscious decision... the doctor gave me this pill, the doctor is educated, this pill will work, I will be "healed" (whatever that means, managing expectations). The trauma response is something different. My mind KNOWS that the little noise in the backyard is a raccoon shuttling around to dig up my carrots and not a "bad guy" breaking in, but that does not stop my body from tensing, my hearing from becoming more acute, my stomach from doing flip-flops, and my carpel tunnel from flaring.

I posit that for some, their body recognizes that "little noise" or tiny bit of medicine and reacts the way IT believes it should, no conscious thinking required. Because our bodies have a tremendous capacity to heal themselves, all else being equal, I think God's plan would support 'only a teeny-tiny bit of medicine', even only the essence. BUT for most of us, we probably have too much garbage in our systems (GMO's, chemical additives, environmental toxins) for homeopathy to be of any real use or to be counted on by a wellness practitioner. That said, I would never discount that it does indeed work for some, and I am glad for it. ~Jeni
~Jeni, a.k.a. Lady Solidago

Finish every day and be done with it... This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Post Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:56 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

I think you're right on the money Jeni. I learned long ago not to solicit clients for herbal/holistic work. I let them find me and come to me. Folks that have to be persuaded or convinced to use herbs, acupuncture, cupping etc... don't have nearly as good of results as those that seek them out on their own.

Even Jesus couldn't do any miracles in Nazareth (his home town) because no one had any faith in "the carpenter's son".

The mind and spirit are amazing things.

Doc

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:56 am

True, I agree!

Previous

Return to Homeopathy, Magnets, Bach Flower Essences Etc...