Board index Botanical Medicine Essential Oils Essential oil distiller

Essential oil distiller

Not sure if these are actually essential, but they are danged handy

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:46 pm
IdahoHerbalist User avatar
Site Admin

GREAT NEWS

While at the preparedness fair in Twin Falls Patrick acquired an essential oil distiller. :yahoo:

I will be helping in the set up and learning about using this equipment. Hopefully this will generate some new discussion in this forum.

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:59 am
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

Humorously enough, I have never used essential oils and have no real interest in them...but some toys are just too cool not to play with. :woot:

Now that I can make them without significant technology, perhaps I won't poo-poo them so much.

Doc

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 am
Site Admin

Yeah, and some experimentation with it as well! :scared:

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:34 pm

What company? How much? Pictures?? Please....

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:26 pm
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

sgtmom1 wrote:
What company? How much? Pictures?? Please....

I can't remember if they have a company name or not. Nice folks though. I'll get some contact info and get back to you. :)

Doc

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 am
Fey

Oooooh please put up some pictures! It's probably way better than mine. I think the one I got might be too small. I'll dig it out and take a photo.

Essential oils won me over one year when there were multiple types of flu going around and I seemed to have bad luck with getting them. The bronchitis from when I was a child came back. My daughters bought a steamer that sits on a cupboard beside the lounge chair or bed, and a bottle of essential oils that only needed 10 mls every twelve hours. Oh the relief!

Then after learning from Doc Jones about cytokines, I searched all the lung herbs around and by accident found the wild plant/weed (bane of a gardener'slife) Tagetes minuta A.K.A. Stinking Roger. It is strongly anti cytokine it turns out and the smell might be strong but it's quite pleasant really. Occasionally people have an allergy to it but I haven't met any. The oils from this would be good in a steamer for the flu.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:25 am
Fey

This was a tricky photo to take without me being reflected in it like a big expanded yeti.
It came with tubes and pump to get cold water cooling down the steam.
I bought one that doesn't run on electricity in case the world goes bust.
I'm going to get another solar pump for cooling it because even though we are off the grid with our own power, the solar we have is good for only about 15 years.
A little bit of Stone Breaker herb got in the way.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (144.58 KiB) Viewed 4572 times

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:50 pm
Site Admin

Well, I finally overcame the Southern Hemisphere influence on the picture. I saved the file and it was upright in my editor. So I just posted it again. NOPE, still sideways. Next I rotated it to try to overcome that Equatorial influence. When I posted it again it posted sideways the OTHER way. OK, so now I went back, rotated it to upright again and NOW we can look at it without laying on the couch.

Distiller.jpg
Distiller.jpg (42.51 KiB) Viewed 4564 times

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 pm
Fey

Isn't it strange? All my photos are right side up on my screen.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (113.64 KiB) Viewed 4559 times

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:20 am
Doc Jones User avatar
Site Admin

I'll get a picture up.

Steven, we need to get this baby fired up one of these days!

Doc

Next

Return to Essential Oils