Important Announcement:
Unfortunately , this forum has now been permanently closed. If you are a student of the HomeGrown Herbalist School you may navigate to the private student forum to continue the discussion. If you'd like to learn more about the HomeGrown Herbalist School you can learn more here: Click Here --> https://homegrownherbalist.net/school
The Content contained in this forum will be preserved for as long as we can, but will eventually be lost. If you want to keep something, save it now before it's too late.

The HomeGrown Herbalist School...

Grow yer own!
Doc Jones United States of America
Site Admin

The HomeGrown Herbalist School of Herbal Medicine

After many requests, much reflection and some major re-arrangements in my life to make it possible, I've decided to expand the offerings of herbal education offered by HomeGrown Herbalist, LLC.

I believe it's critical that we learn to take charge of our own health and become medically self-sufficient. There are many herbal education programs available. Many are quite expensive. Many focus too little on medicinal plants and too much on commercial formulas they'd like you to buy. Many are, frankly, not based on anatomical and physiological facts but depend instead on esoteric, metaphorical systems of diagnosis and treatment that have little to do with what's actually going on in the body or the plant. Most of them have no hands-on learning or personal instruction with the teachers.

What would it be worth:

- to be taught the principles of anatomy and physiology that would really help you understand how the body works in a clear and direct way?

- to really understand what the plants are doing to the organs and systems of the body?

- to be taught by someone that has actually used medicinal plants in his clinical practice all day, every day for many years?

What if :

- that teacher didn't just treat head colds, acne and low energy but actually used herbs to address serious wounds, rattlesnake bites, gangrene, systemic infections, MS, Lyme disease, and all manner of other serious conditions?

- that teacher personally cultivated and processed over 80 different medicinal plants on his own property and could teach you to do the same?

- you could spend time with that teacher learning, hands-on, how to make tinctures, glycerites, salves lotions and other herbal medicines?

- you could walk through the deserts and forests with that teacher and be taught how to identify and harvest medicinal and edible plants yourself?

- you could spend several days with that teacher in deep-learning, Master's Seminars?

Here's the good news! Now you can find out exactly what all those things are like!

My name is Patrick Jones. I am a practicing veterinarian and a clinical herbalist. For years I've used the power of herbs to bless the lives of my veterinary patients and my human herb clients. Because of my veterinary credentials and license, I have had the unique opportunity to treat cases that most herbalists wouldn't dream of addressing. I can give you the benefit of that experience. Because of my passion for herbal education and, frankly, my dissatisfaction with what is available for would-be herbalists, I've decided to create a comprehensive herbal education experience.

Here's What the Program Includes:

Online Lessons on topics such as the following:

- History of herbal medicine

- General Principles of Herbal Healing

- Principles of Herbal Medicine Making

- Principles of Creating Herbal Formulas

- Bacterial infections: Pathophysiology of disease and herbal intervention.

- Fungal Infections: Pathophysiology of disease and herbal intervention.

- Viral Infections: Pathophysiology of disease and herbal intervention.

- Central Nervous System: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Respiratory System: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Immune System: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Cardiovascular System: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Kidneys and Bladder: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Male Reproductive: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Female Reproductive: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Liver and Gall Bladder: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Muscles, Tendons, Ligaments: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Bones and Joints: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Digestive System: Anatomy, Physiology and Herbal Interactions

- Wound Management

- Managing Venomous Snake and Spider Bites

- Poultice use

- Herbal Pills, Boluses and Electuaries

- Advanced Tincture Technique (beyond pouring booze in a jar)

- Herbal Energetics

- Spirituality and Herbalism: God and His Greens

- Ethics and Legal Principles of Herbal Practice

- Working Up an Herbal Case

- Herbal Gardening

- Collecting wild Herbs

- Drying, Processing & Preserving Herbs

- Dozens of Monographs on individual plants

Online courses will be available at a rate of 2-4 courses per month. You can complete them at your own pace. Some will include written or hands-on assignments.

Access to a Private HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum

- Log in to the forum any time to discuss assignments, ask questions or shoot the breeze with other students.

Two Master's Seminars in 2014

- These Seminars will be held in Utah and/or Southern Idaho. They will be Saturday, all-day events with intense instruction on herbal topics.

Two Herb Walks in 2014

- One in the mountains, one in the desert. We will deeply explore each of these environments and learn the plants that live there. The walks will be held in Utah and Southern Idaho.

One Herbal Medicine Making Workshopin 2014

- Role up your sleeves we're makin' medicine! These seminars will be held at various times in 2014 in Utah and Idaho. Attend as often as you like!

What's the Course Worth?

- 50 online lessons @ $15 each.....$750

- 2 Master's Seminars @ $100 each.....$200

- 2 Herb walks @ $75 each.....$150

- 1 Herbal Medicine Making Workshop.....$75

- Taking charge of your own health and being more self-sufficient..........Priceless!

Looks like about $1175

So, What's it Going to Cost?

How about $899 for the whole shebang?

Why so inexpensive? Because I think it's really important that you do it. In fact, I think it's so important that I'll do you one better?

Enroll today and your spouse* can join you for free!

That, friends, is a screamin' deal.

*This offer doesn't include boyfriends, sisters-in-law, daughters or friendly neighbors, only husbands or wives legally and lawfully wedded.

Ready To Get Started?

Learn more or Enroll Now!

http://homegrownherbalist-net.myshopify ... erb-school
newby

Doc Jones, what would you suggest for students out of state. I have family in N Utah, but live in CA. Not thinking the walks and day activities are going to be easy. Maybe just the master classes. I have been trying to learn on my own, but it is difficult. I need a teacher.
Site Admin

newby wrote:Doc Jones, what would you suggest for students out of state. I have family in N Utah, but live in CA. Not thinking the walks and day activities are going to be easy. Maybe just the master classes. I have been trying to learn on my own, but it is difficult. I need a teacher.
Hi Newby

Several of our students are out of state. All of the herb walks, wet labs and seminars will be recorded so you will have access even if you miss one. :)
The bulk of the program is on line.

Another option would be to do a seminar/herb walk in your neck of the woods. Where are you in California? If we can get 20 students for a day-long seminar, I can afford to fly out and do it anywhere. Students that are enrolled in the school would be free. Other folks would be $85. If they decided to enroll in the school, the $85 would be credited toward their tuition.

Give me a call if you like and have other questions. :)

Doc Jones
208-410-2381
newby

I have pretty much decided I'm in, :yahoo:
I want to know what an average amount of time it takes to complete a lesson? Also do you have a supplemental reading list? I already have about a dozen books on the subject and would like to know what you recommend. I have seen your store and already have the herbs from the pacific west. Also how long do I have to complete? 2 yrs ? Or? I am planning to enroll as a couple (legally and lawfully wedded, of course) Will we be submitting assignments separately or together?
Site Admin

newby wrote:I have pretty much decided I'm in, :yahoo:
I want to know what an average amount of time it takes to complete a lesson? Also do you have a supplemental reading list? I already have about a dozen books on the subject and would like to know what you recommend. I have seen your store and already have the herbs from the pacific west. Also how long do I have to complete? 2 yrs ? Or? I am planning to enroll as a couple (legally and lawfully wedded, of course) Will we be submitting assignments separately or together?
Hi Newby,

Most lessons will take about an hour I'd guess...more for some, less for others. You can take as long as you wish to complete the material. Life is a journey, not a race. I'll never get after you for falling behind. Each student will have their own login for taking quizes and doing assignments. It will likely take most folks a year or so.

I like Michael Moore's books. James Green wrote a great one as well The Herbal Medicine Makers handbook.

The Only book that is required is The HomeGrown Herbalist so that you understand the foundation of where we're going. :)

Feel free to call me if you'd like to visit in more detail about anything.

Doc
208-410-2381
BeeGarden

I listened to your Homesteading Summit talk and now I'm interested in the HGH course. I have a few questions:

1. I'm based in Southeast Asia, which I think is humid tropical. My complete newbie understanding is that it would be tough to source /grow quite a number of plants you use, eg. Echinacea, due to different climates. I want to strive towards a clinical herbalist level and grow my own herbs. I'm concerned that much of the plants in the HGH course would not be applicable to my location. Is this the case? If so, do you have any suggestions on how I could benefit from the information in the course?
... Or should I just find a more local course? (which would be a bummer)

2. I would only have online access. What crucial information /skills would I miss by not meeting you in person?

3. The enrollment page mentions 2014. Has everything been uploaded now that it's 2016? Or are students still given access to 2-4 installments per month?

Thank you, and here's hoping I can join your course!
KellyP

Hello

I listened to your summit talks and really enjoyed them. I really liked what I heard along with your approach and am interested in possibly pursuing training with you. I do have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

If I decided to take it class by class vs one big chunk, which order do you advise?

Also, I believe you mentioned that you incorporate utilizing herbs for animals as well as humans where appropriate, is that correct?

Do you stick mainly to cats and dogs or do you happen to cover equine care too?

Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings
DonnaDeesis

I also thoroughly enjoyed your presentations at the Summit last week, and I am considering the Herbalist course. But I am in Florida - an entirely different ecosystem. Will I be able to utilize the information with local native plants? I really like that the instruction includes anatomy and physiology, such vital components of health and healing!
KellyP

Good question Donna! I was wondering the same thing as I am in NW Ohio. :)
Site Admin

BeeGarden wrote:I listened to your Homesteading Summit talk and now I'm interested in the HGH course. I have a few questions:

1. I'm based in Southeast Asia, which I think is humid tropical. My complete newbie understanding is that it would be tough to source /grow quite a number of plants you use, eg. Echinacea, due to different climates. I want to strive towards a clinical herbalist level and grow my own herbs. I'm concerned that much of the plants in the HGH course would not be applicable to my location. Is this the case? If so, do you have any suggestions on how I could benefit from the information in the course?
... Or should I just find a more local course? (which would be a bummer)

2. I would only have online access. What crucial information /skills would I miss by not meeting you in person?

3. The enrollment page mentions 2014. Has everything been uploaded now that it's 2016? Or are students still given access to 2-4 installments per month?

Thank you, and here's hoping I can join your course!
Good questions. :)

I don't know what to tell you on plant availability in Southeast Asia. Anyone in Europe, NorthAmerica or Australia will have very similar plants to what we have here locally but when we get into jungle environments, things change a lot.

The lessons teach anatomy, physiology, and disease processes for each system and how the plants interact with those systems. The principles you'd learn would certainly be transferable but many of the specific plants we discuss would likely not be.

The course is designed so that you can complete the entire program online. We have videos of plant walks and workshops so that even far-away folks can see them.

I need to update the enrollment page. Most of the modules are up on the site now for the students. There are still some to be added. We launched a completely new and much-improved platform for the school and I'm working to get everything uploaded.I hope to have them all up in the next month or so.

Holler if you have other questions.

Doc